Monday, June 29, 2009

RIP - Michael Jackson



28th June 09




Yesterday I was shocked when Geethu told me that Michael Jackson passed away the day before. She was surprised that how come I didnt know. Really I was not aware due to my hectic work pressure. I could not believe until I surf and came to know about his death. Though I'm not a fan of him, I mourned for him as a Music Lover.

The first thing came to mind is my youngest uncle "Kalli". He's crazy about MJ and considers him as his Mentor. He had MJ blow-ups in his Chithode house. I came to know abt MJ only from my uncle. He's my senior in school and a terrific dancer during his school days. Still I remember the Annual Day Function where he danced for "Dangerous" song and got oncore from the audience. I was in 2nd std and he was in 9th std then.

I know only abt the plastic surgeries undergone by him. I used to tell my mom that I would undergo such a surgery like him to become fair. Though i dont listen to Pop music, I have only one casette of MJ (Dangerous) which was given by Kalli mama. The music was used in Indu (Metro channel song) and also in Kushi (Yaar solvadho song). Prabhu Deva, who's popularly known as the Michael Jackson of India has used many of his gestures in his early movies like Gentleman, Love Birds, et al. The graphics in the song "Maya Machindra..." from Indian was also inspired from one of MJ's songs. I have to listen to his all-time Chartbuster "Thriller"

I wished him to do atleast an album with AR.Rahman. But unfortunately it didnt happen.
His death is a real loss for Music Lovers internationally. Ironically, the Grand Finale of the Reality Show "Ungalil Yaar Adutha Prabhu Deva" was telecast on Vijay TV on his death day.



MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am also not a big fan of MJ..

The 1st album that I heard of MJ is Dangerous... It was really gr8...

Very eager to listen to his album 'Thriller'.. I have seen an article about him without a mention about this album...